2 septembre 2007

JC's favourite things about London

First thank you to Vince for inviting me as guest blogger!

Brits love to do lists, or at least newspapers and magazine do, which is probably an easy way to fill space. Time out themes almost every issue on some list or another (the last one "name and shame" - a favourite local sport - of places that have let London down.

I go back to basics by listing my 10 favourite things London:

1. The
National Theater, its plays, its terrace and the South Bank
2.
Arsenal and Arsene
3. Low rise buildings and seeing the sky without twisting my neck
4. The
Serpentine gallery annual pavilion
5.
Foxes in the streets, Herons on the Thames and funny ducks (up for adoption) in parks
6. Ethnic food (including French cuisine and groceries)
7. The
Barbican
8. Free museums (thank you
Labour)
9. The
National Film Theater10. Queuing at bus stops: here and here.

Next time, I will list my 10 top things I regret not having done yet London. Not going to the proms will probably be there.

Aucun commentaire: