8 septembre 2007

Vince's good things about London (3): urban wildlife

Jean-Christophe has it in his top ten and I agree.

He mentions rightly foxes, herons on the Thames, and ‘funny ducks’ (here I believe he means coots) ; indeed I saw herons on the Regents Canal in the middle of Camden ; and there are pelicans in St James' park. Better than the filthy pigeons of Paris, huh? By the way there was a famous video on YouTube, showing a London pelican killing and eating a pigeon.

I mentioned foxes in a paper already, and let’s not forget squirrels. Yes it is a guilty taste to like fluffy disneyesques creatures but come on again it is better than the filthy granny dogs that are all over the place in Paris. Of course there are as many squirrels in New York, Montreal or even Madrid, just to mention a few capitals. I once wrote to the department of parks in Paris to ask, candidly how come there are no squirrels at all in Paris’ parks? I received no answer. Good transition to my next topic on the list, parks.

Aucun commentaire: